I was recently on a vacation and stopped into a vineyard tasting room. They had a little tree, and that tree had decorations on it. One of the decorations was a super cute little tree made out of feathers.
I was thissss close to buying it, but bought an awesome reindeer wine bottle holder instead.
So I waited and when I got home, well maybe a few weeks after returning home, I made two🙂
All you need to make these trees are:
- Cardboard cone form
- Hot glue gun
I separated the feathers into small, medium, and large size piles, then followed these steps:
- Place a row of small feathers around the bottom of the come, adhering then with the glue.
- Using the large feathers, add multiple rows of feathers in circles around the cone.
- As you get to about halfway up the cone, switch over to making circles with the medium sized feathers.
- When about a quarter of the cone is left, switch to the small feathers.
- Look over the tree and fill in any gaps with the remaining feathers.
- Stand back and admire your cute feather tree!
And there are some really cool feathers out there that you could use to make these. I see a lot of white feather trees, but I really liked these brown tones. It would also be fun to add embellishments to these little guys.
They look really good hanging out with some wines from my favorite winery:
So simple, so easy. I might just make more!
What color tree would you make?